Evernote IOS (IPad Pros) in DIRE need of a Apple Pencil function update.

Randen Montalvo

Idea

Writing with the Apple Pencil is horrible in Evernote, it constantly tries to make straight lines , it doesnt support continuous page writing or rules pages or lined pages. Why is it this bad? Why hasn’t it been updated or things like Writing Notebooks created for writers or people that like to write with the pencil? It’s so bad that your better off using Notability. I am a paying premium user and the community has been literally BEGGING Evernote to improve its Apple Pencil support and it seems they just dont listen. Many have been eyeing BEAR or Apple Notes as a means to get off of Evernote due to their lack of attention to its users reguarding Apple Pencil support. 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, Randen Montalvo said:

Writing with the Apple Pencil is horrible

Evernote has a sketch feature that can be used for writing

>> it constantly tries to make straight lines

You can turn off the "snap" feature

>>Why is it this bad? Why hasn’t it been updated

It's free software, with a sketch option?  There are other priorities for the development team?

For extended features, you're always better off using a dedicated app

>>your better off using Notability

I agree; Notability is my favourite writing app for the iPad.  Goodnotes is useful too with its OCR feature

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has a sketch feature that can be used for writing

Its horrible for writing and shouldn’t be used, beyond crude VERY crude sketches its simply useless. It could use a update. 

>> it constantly tries to make straight lines

How? when trying to write i couldnt make it stop does this very annoying behavior. 

>>Why is it this bad? Why hasn’t it been updated

It's free software, with a sketch option. There are other priorities for the development team

For extended features, you're always better off using a dedicated app 

Its not Free i am a premium subscriber annotation was one of those paid features that’s HORRIBLE in EN. 

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

>>your better off using Notability

I agree; Notability is my favourite writing app for the iPad.  Goodnotes is useful too with its OCR feature

Agreed but seeing Penultimates horrible fate, why isnt EN updating to support its premium users at least. I have seen literally droves of people complain about Apple Watch and Apple Pencil support and they lack. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Randen Montalvo said:

How? when trying to write i couldnt make it stop does this very annoying behavior. 

DEDEEDB2-892B-46A7-9EF6-13EDF421D950.thumb.jpeg.b352e6c737e367195c2a4a4a87d67012.jpeg

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Randen Montalvo said:

annotation was one of those paid features that’s HORRIBLE in EN. 

The annotation feature is quite basic in Evernote.

For extended features, I prefer taking the pdf/image to Notability on my iPad 

I often ask why does it have to be basic, a simple update to have the ability to properly sign documentation using a Apple Pencil would be grand....and adding notebooks with ruled paper or lines would be rather simple. I just don’t udnerstands Evernotes update process, so any useless updates so many user complaints yet they don’t address these concerns as people jump ship. Notes is one update away from making me cancel my premium account with Evernote becasue there lack of simply fixing the product. 

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-12 at 4:10 AM, Randen Montalvo said:

a simple update to have the ability to properly sign documentation using a Apple Pencil would be grand

Signing documents (pdfs) seems functional using the annotation feature.  What are you having trouble with?

Again, Evernote is not the tool I'd use for this function

>>and adding notebooks with ruled paper or lines would be rather simple.

Currently the sketch feature provides a dotted grid background
There doesn't seem to be much demand for ruled pages

>>I often ask why does it have to be basic, , a simple update...

I know many posts indicate how simple it is to update the Evernote apps
I'm telling you, development is not simple.  It requires commitment of resources both in hours and $5a19995ec4795_ScreenShot2017-11-25at08_24_25.png.c92971817c74aa2f1032b9d679890e61.png
Evernote has to set priorities for development work.  Users can influence the priority by adding your vote (voting buttons are in the top left corner of the discussion)

Archived