Evernote changed from Premium to Basic not syncing

Susana

Idea

Back a full year ago, with my new mac, I synced my notes and lost almost everything. Having no history and not knowing about local folders it took me a long time to get my notes back. Evernote kindly gave me a Premium account which I used mostly for screen captures, well below the alloted limits. I decided when the Premium account expired to go back to Basic because I used so little of the data and being so expensive the Plus for me. For starters, I get reminders every hour to go back to Premium. Then, today, going for a capture I get a box saying "Cannot Reach Evernote service. You're offline or the page is not responding. please click upgrade on the sidebar when you return online". That was this morning, my computer works fine, but Evernote has decided to stop support for my account. Needless to say I still have 59.9 MB on my data free. When is this going to work right? Until when are we going to be held hostage to fees?

This is happening only on the Mac, my phone synced ok.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Susana said:

Then, today, going for a capture I get a box saying "Cannot Reach Evernote service. You're offline or the page is not responding.

We see this occasionally.  It’s usually a temporary thing and gets resolved guickly

Is your internet service stable?

WE SEE THIS OCASSIONALLY. No, I've never seen this, and I've been using Evernote since 2011. This is Evernote limiting feature and you're an Evernote paid employee. You're not worth anything you say. On top of being EXPENSIVE we're being held hostage. I'm leaving and downvoting on Evernote on every app download. Go read people's complaints there. You'll be shocked at how badly it works for so many people. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Susana said:

This is Evernote limiting feature and you're an Evernote paid employee. You're not worth anything you say.

You’re posting in a User discussion forum, and we’re both Evernote users.  
Neither of us are Evernote employees and we are not paid by Evernote

Evernote employees do pop in occasionally; they are clearly identified in the sidebar

The Evernote service continues to work for me

>>I'm leaving

Good bye, Good Luck

You’re not being held hostage.  Do you need assistance with exporting your data?

Archived