Evernote's Tables are a mess

How difficult can it be to get a table to work reliably?  I have two columns and I'm trying to create a useful hourly planner but Evernote is letting me down.   I have the first part of the table created and then want to do a simple copy and paste.  But no, Evernote has to insert a random column!    I was able to re produce this bug every time using the following steps but it seems to be random:

create 3 x 4 table 

perform merger of cells (see below image)  

delete 4th column 

copy all cells

press tab to create new row 

paste cells to create second segment

What could be possibly happening is that Evernote is thinking that when you paste it is going off of the original table settings before deletion.   

And also you can see that it doesn't even let you delete the extra column!  

Hopefully Evernote reads this to save me some time but I'll report this bug when I get a chance.   

Evernote is an amazing one stop service for planning and notes so it is a bummer when running into this type of error.  

image.thumb.png.84a93adac43f8da81b85932fc2435f4a.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ricky said:

What could be possibly happening is that Evernote is thinking that when you paste it is going off of the original table settings before deletion.   

Yeah, it seems that sometimes when editing a table the display gets borked.  Workaround, try switching to another note and then back to the original note.  That works for me.

I have been using tables for a couple of years now and just went in to update one of my notes. 

I cannot edit the table size, at all. So I cannot add any new rows. And I want to resize the columns but, that is no longer available either. Same thing, it adds it but I can't resize the columns, add or remove rows or columns. Not sure what happened with this latest update but tables is effectively useless at this time. I tried creating a new note and adding a table. Too bad, this has been my "go to" note system for a few years. 

• 9 months later...

Hi, 
I'm using the last version of Evernote (6.13 for Windows 10 - 64 bit).

I found a similar bug using tables. Sometimes, if you create a complex table,  Evernote changes automatically the dimensions of the columns and inserts other columns that you can't delete.

Is a big problem, because today it changed all my tables and now I can't create new notes.

Best regards

37294519_10215081654942040_32907429536595968_n.png

Archived