Some entries in a particular note have vanished - Why?

I keep a running log, a daily journal if you will, of any money transactions I make between accounts and payments that I've made in one note.  I date each entry I make, i.e. "9/1 transferred $500 from business to checking", "9/5 transferred $1000 to cover travel", etc. For each month there will be 6-10 entries.  Today I see that everything that was entered in September is gone! 

There are NO transactions appearing between 8/15/17 and 10/9/17.  I made entries as I do every few days each month  but the banking transactions I noted in September and entered in this particular note are missing.  I am an Apple person, using Evernote on my Macbook and iPhone and these entries are missing on both devices. 

This is a long running note that I started in April of 2015 and just add to each time I note any activity pertaining to finances. This issue has happened a couple of times before, but I let it go. This time I'd like to know what causes some entries in one note to completely disappear causing a gap in the chronology.  I don't feel as secure with Evernote as I once did, and would like an explanation for this.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-11 at 6:34 AM, chilipaws said:

There are NO transactions appearing between 8/15/17 and 10/9/17.

No explanation but for recovery of data errors I keep a backup of my note versions.

Evernote also has a Note History backup feature.  Access to the data is a paid feature but you can subscribe for a single month

btw  I avoid having long extended notes.  I segment my data into individual notes

Archived