Evernote 6.12 Tables is a big step backwards

Nabes

Idea

The old tables were so easy to use, looked nice and were great. This new implementation has made using evernote like using Microsoft Word. Taken an easy to use product and made it difficult.

I used to be able to make a single column, single row box that would do auto-width and made formatting documents into sections as a breeze. As of this update all of my templates and tables are wrecked. Just about all our notes not are difficult to read and as we open them up we have to reformat every note.

Bring back the old tables and make evernote easy to use again. Please don't turn it into formatting bloatware like Microsoft Word. Sorry I am very unhappy with this update. To the point where I now find it takes so much time to edit notes compared to before that I am looking elsewhere for a product since the usability has now gone. And I have been happily using evernote for 7 years.

I am happy to talk with someone from product support and describe and show in detail what I mean, but needless to say I am very unhappy with this update as most of my notes which were formatted in tables are now unreadable. I have to individually format the width of all the notes I use regularly.

Please go back to the KISS principal, this is why evernote was so good. Easy to put data in and easy to get it out. Not with this new version.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum here,  and while the developers do read all threads in due time,  this isn't a direct line to the company.  If you're commenting on something which arose after the latest update,  you're best off posting in the release thread where the developers will be atively watching. 

• Level 5
On 9/17/2017 at 6:34 AM, Nabes said:

The old tables [...] looked nice and were great

I used to be able to make a single column, single row box

Wow, I thought I was the only one doing this!  I use this technique too to highlight certain sections (create a 1x1 table w/ a colored background) and it looked great. Now there are dots, bars and lines all around and it pretty much ruins the effect. I understand that this is a non-standard use of tables, but it was done out of necessity since the formatting tools in EN have been generally pretty poor.

Archived