Getting notifications for edits to a file

Bienne

Idea

I'm not sure this is possible (I couldn't figure out how), to receive notifications for updates (edits, added files) for a given notebook I'm sharing (or within a notebook someone has chosen to share with me).

I see that I can make reminders to myself (or chat to others), but it really would be helpful in my case at least. 

As a teacher, I like to receive notifications when a student has altered a notebook (esp. ones that they created). 

Is that at all possible, desirable? 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bienne said:

I'm not sure this is possible (I couldn't figure out how), to receive notifications for updates (edits, added files) for a given notebook I'm sharing (or within a notebook someone has chosen to share with me).

Notifications are not an Evernote feature.  There are third party options like ifttt and SureNotifier

In Evernote, my default sort sequence is modification date; new/edited notes appear at the top of my note list

thanks.   I know about sort by most recent. but notifications would be a tad faster since I share with many.  And it would be great if one could get 'badges' on the app...

but yeah, I'll have a look into Sure_Notifier

Archived