SEVERE bug - notes being corrupted!

I've been using Evernote since 2009 or earlier.

Unfortunately, the app has recently been corrupting my notes on the iPad. 

I started to notice that the content of some notes have been stripped and merged with the content of other notes.

For example, I had an note from 2016 which was a saved article about travelling, and an older note from 2015 with a list of things that needed repair at home. Today, I noticed the text in the note about travelling disappeared and only the images remained, and the text from the repairs list was added to the travel note.

This has caused notes to be irreversibly lost. It is a very severe bug which I believe that needs be fixed as urgently as possible!

I'm using the latest Evernote version (8.2.2) on iOS 9.3.

• Level 5*

Hi.  That is definitely unexpected and unwanted behaviour.  However we're a (mainly) user-supported forum.  While the developers do read these pages,  you'll normally get a faster response and be able to share more details of your account to get a speedy resolution if you contact Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, this has been happening on my ipad too. I e-mailed a note to my Evernote e-mail address from my ipad's native e-mail client. At that time, I had Evernote open in the ipad's *sidebar* view to a note. I had been regularly adding to this note from Safari on Ipad and once I e-mailed in that other note it completely corrupted the note I had open in the sidebar. Fortunately, I'm at home and I went to the Mac client and opened that note and simply put a period in it. With that small change the note showed up correctly on the ipad.
I've also had cross note corruptions just e-mailing things in with no duplicate notes open on other devices. I've also been very careful about syncing notes, pretty much religiously.

This has happened a few times in the last year on fairly big notes that I had heavily formatted similar to this workflow, so losing formatting is a big deal and has cost me a lot of time restructuring notes: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/12/11/evernote-and-the-brain-designing-creativity-workflows/ 

Now, I've been trying to keep notes shorter, just a shame I can't trust it in a workflow popularized on the EN blog.

I've e-mailed support many times in the last year about this with a lot of documentation on when it occurred, but nobody has gotten to the bottom of it. They said it's a hard one to track unless I connect my laptop to a debugger. That's not happening. Like you, I've been a user since its inception and I did get a few points to keep above standard user, but I had to pay more to get premium for note history.

For me, it seems to be when e-mailing in, searching and possibly something to do with shortcuts? Have you noticed anything in common when it happens?

• 6 months later...

Apologies for my delayed response, @bounce.

I wasn't using it with e-mail or shortcuts, so no pattern there.

I was in touch with the support team shortly after my post. They acknowledged the problem and it appears to have been fixed.

It's been a number of months now and I haven't seen the problem happening again, which seems good!

Archived