Product as a whole - basically UI and Editor

Jonathan Michael Copeland

Idea

Hey Evernote Team

Firstly, Love the app. Have been a fan for years and have done multiple ECL talks to promote the product. I'm invested in your success. More power to you!

Now for the feedback: 

If you compare Evernote to basically every other text editor (Ulysses, Bear, OneNote, Dropbox Paper, Google Docs, Medium) you have an inferior editor experience, as well as, a less-modern UI.

As it stands - in terms of note taking - Evernote is only a little better than Apple Notes and the UI feels stale on both macOS and Windows - slow clap for the amazing work that you have done on iOS and Android. 

The perfect Evernote would be a combination of Ulysses' editor experience, Bear's crispy UI, OneNote's colourful folders (LOVE this), DropBox Paper's/Medium's Image organisation (Oh my goodness it's perfect), Google Doc's team collaboration and the good old search and sync that Evernote is famous for. Please, copy, steal, borrow! Whatever it takes! 

This is achievable. 

P.S. the way that Evernote handles PDF's also needs work. The way they sit inside notes is just... off. For example in the iOS app, they sit in this random little rounded rectangle taking up a third of the note. A PDF editor like PDF Expert does a superior job of editing. 

Yours Truly 

Jonathan

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Jonathan Michael Copeland said:

If you compare Evernote to basically every other text editor (Ulysses, Bear, OneNote, Dropbox Paper, Google Docs, Medium) you have an inferior editor experience, as well as, a less-modern UI.

I find the Evernote editor is adequate for basic notes.  For serious work, I switch to a dedicated app, for example Apple Pages for word processing

I like that I'm not locked into a specific editor

Archived