Link is invalid

I just received a error in Evernote on my 2015 MacBook Pro running 10.12.1 stating, "This note cannot be opened because the note link is invalid."

I created the note link on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.0.1. The link worked on my phone when I created the note and still does. I believe the note worked yesterday on my mac as well.

I performed a sync to make sure everything is up to date and am still having the problem.

Any ideas

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, ishiiboy said:

I just received a error in Evernote on my 2015 MacBook Pro running 10.12.1 stating, "This note cannot be opened because the note link is invalid."

I created the note link on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.0.1. The link worked on my phone when I created the note and still does. I believe the note worked yesterday on my mac as well.

I performed a sync to make sure everything is up to date and am still having the problem.

Any ideas

How about retrieving the link again; compare it to the error version and seeing what's different

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me today.  I copied evernote note links in evernote app on android, but they wouldn't work in evernote windows client.  [perhaps it's the same issue on Apple.]

I verified that they still do work on the android side.

The issue appears to be that the windows client expects the link itself (evernote:///view/####...--###-####...) to be terminated with a slash "/" and the android client accepts it either way.

I discovered this by looking at the links - one created on android client that did not work on windows and a newly created one on windows - both work on android.

So you can either edit all the links and add a "/" to the end or re-copy.

Archived