Jump to content
J..001

Why can't Evernote honor EXIF rotation metadata

Recommended Posts

See the following; poster heather was the head of support back then (or was high up): 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen this happen in other programs as well. It's definitely annoying, though per the post to which @jefito linked, it may not be entirely Evernote's doing. It is possible to rotate an image within Evernote (right-click on it and select the option), at least in the Windows program.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, jefito said:

See the following; poster heather was the head of support back then (or was high up): 

 

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying it's not honoring the EXIF rotation that the camera embeds.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I've seen this happen in other programs as well. It's definitely annoying, though per the post to which @jefito linked, it may not be entirely Evernote's doing. It is possible to rotate an image within Evernote (right-click on it and select the option), at least in the Windows program.

Thanks, I am aware of this and I'm constantly using it. However, it would be considerably easier if it was automatic as it is in, for instance, windows photo viewer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, J..001 said:

Thanks, I am aware of this and I'm constantly using it. However, it would be considerably easier if it was automatic as it is in, for instance, windows photo viewer.

 

Agreed. Perhaps go to one of the product feedback forum (Windows, or general Evernote), where they take feature requests these days.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...