Issues with web clipper and 3rd party cookies.

Ratbag

I have recently started experiencing some aberrant behaviour on a windows 7 machine running firefox. The evernote web clipper stopped functioning. After much poking it was discovered that normal functionality could be returned by setting the third party cookie setting in firefox to an "accept" policy rather than a "denied" setting

I am only seeing this behaviour on a single machine, running Windows 7 64bit, Firefox 50.1.0 with web clipper 6.10.2.0 , and previous to last week was was not displaying the behaviour.

I have looked at a Mac OSX 10.12.2, Firefox 50.1.0 with web clipper 6.10.2.0, A Linux machine of some Ubuntu flavour running Firefox 50.1.0 with web clipper 6.10.2.0 , Neither of these machines are dysfunctional with the third party cookies denied.

I found it persisted through reinstalls of the addon as well as Firefox, I attempted Firefox 50.0.0 and Firefox 51.0.b14 both with web clipper 6.10.2.0 and the problem presisted. However when I downgraded web clipper to 6.9.3 the problem resolved. web clipper is operational with third party cookies disabled.

I am not too sure what happened to invoke this behaviour. The affected machine was operating 'normally' up until recently. And machines with current version configurations of Firefox and web clipper are not displaying the behaviour, yet.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote recently updated their clipper for all browsers.  Unless a device has had its settings adjusted otherwise, updates are installed by the browser whenever they are available,  and usually transparently for the user.  In this case the update didn't go so well and it went through about three iterations in as many weeks.  The history to all that is in various threads in the forums.  If you're still having any problems with Firefox,  the fix may be to update manually to the latest version 6.10.2beta2.

If you have any issues the best place to raise them is here -

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, JohnMarshallSmart said:

If you manually install 6.10.2beta2, will you automatically be updated to the release build once it comes out? 

You 'should' be updated,  but it's wise to check from time to time to check whether you have the latest version...they don't come around often though.

Archived