I wan't to manually select, not highlight, from simplified Text

lisec

Most of the time I use the "Simplified Article" but there sometimes remains junk frames at the bottom.

I want to select everything except those bottoms frames, but every time I drag the mouse over the content I want to keep it highlights it instead of selecting it.

How can I select instead, and how can I make that the default?

Evernote_clipper_select_not_highlight.jpg

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, lisec said:

Most of the time I use the "Simplified Article" but there sometimes remains junk frames at the bottom.

I want to select everything except those bottoms frames, but every time I drag the mouse over the content I want to keep it highlights it instead of selecting it.

How can I select instead, and how can I make that the default?

This is not a Select tool, unless you're using the screenshot option.

Using the web clipper on my Mac, I do get +/- switches when clipping an article
Its not specific selection but expands/contracts the scope of the article 

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This is not a Select tool, unless you're using the screenshot option.

Using the web clipper on my Mac, I do get +/- switches when clipping an article
Its not specific selection but expands/contracts the scope of the article 

DTLow, thanks for the reply.

I see what I was doing. I was hitting Ctrl+Alt+R because the clipper's Options>Keyboard shortcuts show it as being "rectangle", and while rectangle is a screenshot tool, I must have tried it anyway one day and it worked even though it should not have (which also explains why I couldn't find it half the time). Turns out the

shortcut opens Pocket (formerly Read it Later) which allows me to select and then manually paste into Evernote. I never noticed that it wasn't Evernote doing the selecting.  But it does make me think I should investigate this Pocket software...

2016-12-20-1334-04.png

Archived