Question about sharing a notebook with others

My brother and I run a business. We live in separate cities. I'm on Mac, he's on Windows.

Q1: What plan(s) can we select if we want to share a repository for scanned documents, and have text recognition within PDFs?

Q2: Do we both have to buy the Plus or Premium?

Q3: I've been an Evernote free-version user for year. What happens to my existing notebooks that I do not want to share? Can I specify settings that would allow me to share one or more notebooks to a single user?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, KAGoldberg11 said:

My brother and I run a business. We live in separate cities. I'm on Mac, he's on Windows.

Q1: What plan(s) can we select if we want to share a repository for scanned documents,

Any plan can share notebooks
The Notebook owner should have a paid plan for the upload limits (With shared notebooks, upload data is counted toward the notebook owner's monthly upload limit.)

>>and have text recognition within PDFs?

Search in pdfs is a premium feature. 

Q2: Do we both have to buy the Plus or Premium?

Only if you want the features at that level.  
See here for plan features https://evernote.com/pricing/ 
and What-are-the-system-limits-of-Evernote-

Q3: I've been an Evernote free-version user for year. What happens to my existing notebooks that I do not want to share? Can I specify settings that would allow me to share one or more notebooks to a single user?

Sharing is specified at the Notebook or Note level
You don't have to share all your Notebooks or Notes

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-20 at 2:28 PM, DTLow said:

>>and have text recognition within PDFs?

Search in pdfs is a premium feature. 

I was quoting from the Evernote plan documentation

Users have reported that PDFs are searchable at all account levels if previously OCRd

Note: Evernote OCRs the text only for search purposes.  The  text can't be selected for copying.

Archived