typing lag on iPhone 5s after upgrading to iOS10

For the record, lag has been an ongoing issue for lots of peeps in this forum.

Evernote on iOS9 worked great - zero lag on my iPhone 5s.   As soon as I upgraded to iOS10, the lag is now unbearable.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Any developers out there know enough about iOS10 to know what in the new OS introduces a performance issue in Evernote?

I have 15k personal notes and 2k business notes and just want to make clear I was incredibly happy with Evernote running on iOS9 - no lag whatsoever on an iPhone 5s with a database this size (including search!) 

I think it's reasonable to have good performance on iOS10 that matches or exceeds iOS9 (or worst case, "slight" degradation would be fine!)

4 minutes ago, chinarut said:

For the record, lag has been an ongoing issue for lots of peeps in this forum.

Evernote on iOS9 worked great - zero lag on my iPhone 5s.   As soon as I upgraded to iOS10, the lag is now unbearable.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Any developers out there know enough about iOS10 to know what in the new OS introduces a performance issue in Evernote?

I have 15k personal notes and 2k business notes and just want to make clear I was incredibly happy with Evernote running on iOS9 - no lag whatsoever on an iPhone 5s with a database this size (including search!) 

I think it's reasonable to have good performance on iOS10 that matches or exceeds iOS9 (or worst case, "slight" degradation would be fine!)

From what I've heard in regards to iOS 10 in general there are some lag issues throughout the entire OS. I have horrible lag in iMessage and Facebook at the moment but none in Evernote or email. They just released a update for the Public beta of iOS 10 the other day which is 10.1 (14B55c). Maybe try enrolling your device in the public beta program and trying the update? Worth a shot.

25 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

From what I've heard in regards to iOS 10 in general there are some lag issues throughout the entire OS. I have horrible lag in iMessage and Facebook at the moment but none in Evernote or email. They just released a update for the Public beta of iOS 10 the other day which is 10.1 (14B55c). Maybe try enrolling your device in the public beta program and trying the update? Worth a shot.

Hmm - I'm pretty happy with iOS10 overall. I have no performance issues with Mail.app, Messenger, Facebook, or any other app I use regularly.  In fact, I have to admit I enjoy Safari on steroids but I digress :)

It's a good data point to know that you don't experience lag in Evernote on iOS10.   How many notes are in your database?  How large is your Evernote folder [for the account you use on iOS] on Mac OS X?

Like to hear a few more people chime in (and talk to support as needed) before going the beta route!

2 minutes ago, chinarut said:

Hmm - I'm pretty happy with iOS10 overall. I have no performance issues with Mail.app, Messenger, Facebook, or any other app I use regularly.  In fact, I have to admit I enjoy Safari on steroids but I digress :)

It's a good data point to know that you don't experience lag in Evernote on iOS10.   How many notes are in your database?  How large is your Evernote folder [for the account you use on iOS] on Mac OS X?

Like to hear a few more people chime in (and talk to support as needed) before going the beta route!

You have quite a bit more notes than I do. Currently I have just over 6000 notes (just a personal premium account) and sync all of them with the iPhone and with my mac. I don't have any offline notebooks.

• 2 months later...

I wonder, if the OP's issues with the typing lag and an overall useless evernote app on iOS10 got resolved. Well, it shouldn't have had, as I have had the same issues and after updating to iOS 10 on my iPad Air 2 , I have an evernote app that is pretty much useless. Everything was perfect back in iOS 9. My database size is 33,000 Notes and about 150 notebooks. I contacted evernote and here's what they had to say : 

"Regarding the laggy behavior, we are indeed aware of this issue. It is specific to devices on iOS 10, and usually occurs with accounts that have a large number of notes. This issue we believe to be fixed in our next release - I don't have an ETA for that quite yet, as our next release will be a fairly big one."

I received this reply on 30th November 2016. 

So, my evernote database which I developed and organized tirelessly all these years since the last 5, is worthless and useless on the go, as I use an iPhone and an iPad with iOS 10.  All because I trusted evernote. 

Evernote it seems has screwed up with thousands of users, many of whom are actually paying customers by providing an app which is completely useless , doesn't allow one to type without horrible lag, doesn't allow one to make searches and is prone to constant hangs and overall horrible lag, as far as their iOS devices are concerned. And they are not concerned enough for their customers and users so  as to have it fixed as quickly as possible, instead, what they truly have is 'no ETA'. And this is after months since iOS 10 released.  This is less of a sad moment for evernote and users alike and more of a ridiculous thing that clearly shows how Evernote is truly sinking and how nobody cares. This is a matter of deep shame and regret.  Have no other words right now.. sighh... !! 

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing somewhat similar issues with iPhone 5S (iOS 10.2.1) and Evernote. It takes 3-4 seconds for the app to load when I open it and another 3-4 seconds to create a new note, which is really annoying, especially when you need to take a note on the go. 

Would be good to know whether there is a plan to fix this issue.

Archived