Jump to content

Danielsan

Level 2
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About Danielsan

Profile Information

  • Subscription
    PREMIUM
  1. I think that last example is what is expected behavior. intitle should do a partial search while intitle:"corn" should only find the whole word corn. This is bad UI.
  2. While you may be comfortable using wildcard characters, this goes against a half-dozen usability commandments. First, it's not expected behavior ESPECIALLY since it differs from the search mechanism for the contents of a note. Second, while a large number of Evernote users are probably technically savvy, there are plenty that aren't. Failing to find a note because you typed something "wrong" in a search bar blames the user and when it yields no results, it creates a trust issue with the application. The quickest way to get me to leave a platform is to make me feel you it can't reliably hold on to my data. Third, any feature that is prefaced with the word "warning" is clearly an issue. Let me use wildcard characters (hell, let me use regex expressions if I feel like it), but don't make it a requirement in order to achieve expected behavior.
  3. I searched all over and couldn't find mention of this. I can't believe I'm the first one to get burned by it. I have a recipe for "cornmeal madeleines". I do a search for intitle:corn. No results. This is rather surprising since, quite clearly, the title contains the word "corn". Okay, I search for intitle:maddel (because, yes, I can rarely spell it correctly twice in a row). No results. I conclude, then, that the note is gone, so I recreate it from my various notes. Then I realize that I KNOW it exists. I added a * at the end of corn and, voila, it shows up. Seems to me, default behavior should match the "contains" specification. Maybe I want wholeword:corn and cornbread, corndogs, and cornmeal would NOT show up in the results, but the current behavior isn't... good.
  4. Forgot to reply to Dave-in-Decatur. I'm not sure what the source of the previous notes was, but the one I just posted was either created from a "clip" on Reddit or maybe two notes were merged?
  5. OKAY, after a month, I've managed to get it to do it again. Greeked most of the text in the attached screenshot but you'll get the idea. I don't remember if this was the case in previous times it did this but, in this case, it happened in a numbered list. I think it's triggered by backspacing backward over a line break, but once it's triggered, every new numbered "bullet" is slightly larger.
  6. Okay, I'm not even sure how to word this to search for it. I tried a few different variations. While editing on Android (Samsung Galax Tablet), if I type, i'm fine. BUT! If I backspace "around" a line break (to delete a bad idea), the resulting line of type becomes larger. This happens EACH TIME I backspace to the previous line. Am I the only one?
  7. This seems like a pretty obvious feature and I'm surprised it wasn't included in the first place. (Though there are plenty of features being added on a regular basis I've no use for.) There should be a checkbox next to Simplified that says "Omit images". Subtracting images isn't that hard, folks. As for the "use case", take your pick. There may be a list of things interspersed with unwanted images like this GIF animation nightmare: https://www.bustle.com/articles/41136-10-tasty-ramen-hacks-to-make-your-bowl-of-noodles-even-more-slurp-able I could be getting a lot more things done in Evernote at work that aren't necessarily related to the thing I should be working on, but the images "give it away". For now, this does the job reasonably well: https://www.textise.net/
  8. JMichael, Oooh... That WOULD have been a great tip... but doesn't seem to work on the Mac version (6.2 452688 Direct). In fact, if anything, it invites EVEN MORE frustration. So close...
  9. Add my vote to the "This is annoying (to a very OCD group of people)". Tags should be any case the user wants. I have tags for ADA compliance, but I also have tags for "adaptability". Evernote attempts to be helpful by typing "AD" when I type "ad" but, if I keep typing, STOP TRYING TO FORCE ONE TAG INTO ANOTHER.
  10. Your list suggests that the user change their behavior around the application rather than the other way around. That is the opposite of usability.
  11. It's much too easy to jot a quick note in the clipper and leave it "unsaved" in the buffer. Granted, it's there if I go back to it, but I can't depend on that information being automatically available elsewhere. I propose a preference that lets the user specify that a note should be saved: • If focus changes from the window • After a certain amount of time. (30 seconds? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? Every day at 6 p.m.?) Or am I missing already-existing functionality?
  12. The formatting of merged notes is, to put it mildly, "unattractive". I almost dread merging notes because the results need to be edited before I can tolerate looking at them. While I suppose it's handy to know that a note is the results of two individual notes, I can't imagine there aren't a nearly infinite number of better ways to indicate that fact. 1. Ditch the grey background. 2. Use the same font used for titles of notes. No need to embellish. 3. For bonus points, add metadata to the bottom indicating the results of the merge (what notes were merged to create the resulting note.) 4. Destructive actions ilke this should also be UNDOABLE. (Or, at least, give the option of keeping the individual notes.)
  13. Probably stating the obvious, but this should be in the interface itself. Right-clicking on the related notes or maybe a disclosure triangle to hide and show related notes without having to jump into preferences would be a big help. -Daniel
×
×
  • Create New...