Change displayed thumbnail picture

Photogolf

Idea

In Evernote, if you have multiple pictures as attachments in a post, the picture in the thumbnail is not the first attachment, but rather the attachment with the longest long edge.

I use Evernote (amongst many uses) as a repository for my recipes. Typically there will be two attachments:

• a picture of the food (which I shrink down to small by clicking on the blue box around it and pulling up and to the left). This could be a photo of a page of the recipe book that I sourced it from, a cut and paste from the internet or an actual photo of my cooking
  • a picture of the recipe from the original cook book or a pdf. Again could be a photo of a page of the recipe book that I sourced it from, a cut and paste from the internet or a simple typed up recipe I have typed myself

Where there are two pictures, I want the first picture to appear as the "thumbnail" or preview for the note before I open the actual note, not the recipe. Makes it very easy to pick recipes from my catalogue of 100s of recipes.

Where there are two pictures, it is not possible to define which is appears as the preview / thumbnail. Evernote defaults to the attachment with the longest edge. This is a total pain. Please change so that there is an option to select a particular item as the preview / thumbnail (could be done as a right click on a particular attachment).

Thanks

• Like 4

6 replies to this idea

I voted for this six years ago. Or was it eight? Either way, nothing has happened. Stop telling people to vote for what is obviously a key (and I might be at the deal-breaking point on this) feature if there is no plan to actually implement it.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Photogolf said:

it is not possible to define which is appears as the preview / thumbnail

There's a very long running thread on which you can add your vote here... 

EDIT:  Oh joy.  And you managed to post the same request THREE times.  I deleted one,  since multiple posting is against Forum policy and just annoys the other users who are the principle respondents in the Forums.  If you wish to feed back to Evernote,  please contact Support.

I have contacted them about this through the "contact us" link on their website.
Maybe we should all start doing this as you say. So that they hopefully start to wake up.
I have also been waiting for years for this...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Astopia said:

I have contacted them about this through the "contact us" link on their website.
Maybe we should all start doing this as you say. So that they hopefully start to wake up.

That's both a good and a bad suggestion.  One notification from each impacted user is fine.  Repeated spamming of the link just adds more distractions for an already busy provider.  Evernote are aware of the request - they'll do something about it if and when they can.