Jump to content


Level 2
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danielsan

  1. I tried looking this up in every phrasing I can think of. No dice. To be clear, this doesn’t happen while I’m typing, but if I then switch to a different note, the underline goes away. As I’m typing, Evernote will catch spelling errors and either auto-replace them (presumably that’s operating system-level functionality?) or give them a dotted, red underline if it’s not sure. However… If I leave the typo in place, and switch to a different note, and then come back to the typoed one, the underline is gone. Clicking somewhere on the note doesn’t trigger it. Clicking on the word itself doesn’t trigger it. (Though this kinda makes sense – if the cursor is in the word, it can’t be sure it’s a typo yet.) It isn’t until the cursor leaves the word that it gets highlighted. Has it always worked this way and I’ve suddenly just realized it? Do I need to manually run a spell check on every note before copying it elsewhere? Version details: Evernote: Version 7.14 (458244 Direct) Editor: 69.3.10951 (15add1e) Mac OSX 10.15.6
  2. I think that last example is what is expected behavior. intitle should do a partial search while intitle:"corn" should only find the whole word corn. This is bad UI.
  3. While you may be comfortable using wildcard characters, this goes against a half-dozen usability commandments. First, it's not expected behavior ESPECIALLY since it differs from the search mechanism for the contents of a note. Second, while a large number of Evernote users are probably technically savvy, there are plenty that aren't. Failing to find a note because you typed something "wrong" in a search bar blames the user and when it yields no results, it creates a trust issue with the application. The quickest way to get me to leave a platform is to make me feel you it can't reliably hold on to my data. Third, any feature that is prefaced with the word "warning" is clearly an issue. Let me use wildcard characters (hell, let me use regex expressions if I feel like it), but don't make it a requirement in order to achieve expected behavior.
  4. I searched all over and couldn't find mention of this. I can't believe I'm the first one to get burned by it. I have a recipe for "cornmeal madeleines". I do a search for intitle:corn. No results. This is rather surprising since, quite clearly, the title contains the word "corn". Okay, I search for intitle:maddel (because, yes, I can rarely spell it correctly twice in a row). No results. I conclude, then, that the note is gone, so I recreate it from my various notes. Then I realize that I KNOW it exists. I added a * at the end of corn and, voila, it shows up. Seems to me, default behavior should match the "contains" specification. Maybe I want wholeword:corn and cornbread, corndogs, and cornmeal would NOT show up in the results, but the current behavior isn't... good.
  5. Forgot to reply to Dave-in-Decatur. I'm not sure what the source of the previous notes was, but the one I just posted was either created from a "clip" on Reddit or maybe two notes were merged?
  6. OKAY, after a month, I've managed to get it to do it again. Greeked most of the text in the attached screenshot but you'll get the idea. I don't remember if this was the case in previous times it did this but, in this case, it happened in a numbered list. I think it's triggered by backspacing backward over a line break, but once it's triggered, every new numbered "bullet" is slightly larger.
  7. Okay, I'm not even sure how to word this to search for it. I tried a few different variations. While editing on Android (Samsung Galax Tablet), if I type, i'm fine. BUT! If I backspace "around" a line break (to delete a bad idea), the resulting line of type becomes larger. This happens EACH TIME I backspace to the previous line. Am I the only one?
  8. This seems like a pretty obvious feature and I'm surprised it wasn't included in the first place. (Though there are plenty of features being added on a regular basis I've no use for.) There should be a checkbox next to Simplified that says "Omit images". Subtracting images isn't that hard, folks. As for the "use case", take your pick. There may be a list of things interspersed with unwanted images like this GIF animation nightmare: https://www.bustle.com/articles/41136-10-tasty-ramen-hacks-to-make-your-bowl-of-noodles-even-more-slurp-able I could be getting a lot more things done in Evernote at work that aren't necessarily related to the thing I should be working on, but the images "give it away". For now, this does the job reasonably well: https://www.textise.net/
  • Create New...