CRITICAL FEATURES MISSING...

Joe Minor

Idea

Just finished chatting with support.   Disappointment central.   Have 2 issues that I've been left with just "go to the forums and sound your concerns"...

1.  EVERNOTE NEEDS TO GET ONBOARD AND HAVE AN ANNOTATE TOOL FOR EVERYTHING.  Not just a pen to make a drawing,. I need to draw on NOTES, photos, web clippings, i.e....EVERYTHING.  The tool in there now is a joke (the actual annotate tool).  And the draw tool to create a little drawing, also, JOKE.  Who cares about that?  Need to open a document, and properly ANNOTATE.  Have been using GoodNotes app (best out there at moment) but doesn't have all the comprehensive features Evernote has.   Evernote would be PEFFECT if this gets resolved, SOON.   I'm sure other products are out there knocking on the door soon....

2. Not as important, but..... Be nice to have an ICON/HOME button on EVERY page you're on.  At present to get to the Elephant icon you have to navigate several pages back.   Multiple that time 100/day?....do the math.  Wasted time.   Evernote - GET A HOME BUTTON ON EVERY PAGE!    Now that can't possibly be that difficult...

(I did just read thru some posts and have found numerous similar requests - is EVERNOTE paying attention?  How long does it take to make changes??). 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Joe Minor said:

Not as important, but..... Be nice to have an ICON/HOME button on EVERY page you're on.  At present to get to the Elephant icon you have to navigate several pages back.   Multiple that time 100/day?....do the math.  Wasted time.   Evernote - GET A HOME BUTTON ON EVERY PAGE!    Now that can't possibly be that difficult...

Are you talking about the web client? The forum? The Evernote web site? What does "the Elephant icon" mean? What is "ICON/HOME"?

On 9/12/2016 at 10:49 AM, Joe Minor said:

1.  EVERNOTE NEEDS TO GET ONBOARD AND HAVE AN ANNOTATE TOOL FOR EVERYTHING.  Not just a pen to make a drawing,. I need to draw on NOTES, photos, web clippings, i.e....EVERYTHING.  The tool in there now is a joke (the actual annotate tool).  And the draw tool to create a little drawing, also, JOKE.  Who cares about that?  Need to open a document, and properly ANNOTATE.  Have been using GoodNotes app (best out there at moment) but doesn't have all the comprehensive features Evernote has.   Evernote would be PEFFECT if this gets resolved, SOON.   I'm sure other products are out there knocking on the door soon....

I am entirely in agreement with this.  I presently convert webpages to pdfs to allow annotation, but the process is cumbersome.  Given that Evernote already has built-in, albeit limited, word processing functionality, adding a few annotation features should not be difficult.  Alternately, make the existing image/pdf annotation functions available for webpages.  And do it soon.

Archived