Hi, I have recently opened a basic account on evernote to keep my reading notes. I have not accessed the account for about three weeks and when I looked today all my old notes had disappreared. It sounded like a good alternative to the old filing cards but suffers from the chronic unreliability of electronic systems. Can I retrieve my notes? There is virtually no technical support available for evernote. I have opened a word file to start saving my notes from now on. THanks for help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Try logging into your account at Evernote.com via a browser.  If you created your notes on a Windows desktop machine and didn't change any of the standard settings,  the notes will have been sent to Evernote's servers so that they can be available to you wherever you have an internet connection.  The most likely explanation for missing notes is that you logged in with a different user name and are looking at an 'empty' account on your computer.  If you can find the notes on the website,  File > Exit Evernote on the desktop and log in again with the same details.

As this is free software you don't get email or chat support except for situations where you can't access your account.  For everything else there's this forum,  and dozens of videos on YouTube (search 'Evernote') and Evernote's Help & Learning site.

Archived