Crop photos / images

sydneyshan

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are these 'proper' photos?  IE stand-alone artistic pictures?  Or illustrations for your writing?  I ask because Evernote isn't a good place for individual pictures (IMHO) while Google,  Flickr,  Picassa (also Google) and various other OEM sites are,  and include image handling tools.  You could always clip a cropped version afterward.

If you're taking purely documentary shots,  then using the device camera and editing/ transferring them from the Gallery might be an option,  depending on your device...

https://photos.google.com/

https://www.flickr.com/

My scenario is that during a conference or workshop where I am taking notes, and/or sketching, I also want to include a photograph or two from the session - key slides, a whiteboard sketch, affinity map of post-it notes, etc. I'm rarely in the perfect seat to take the photo so I'd  like to crop the photo down as soon as it's taken in Penultimate. Eg crop the guy in front of me's head out and just include the projected image (slide) snapped. I don't want to have to leave the app to do so as this would take away from my act of capturing information rapidly during a session.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  There's only so much one device can do at any one time...  I'm not a penultimate user,  but I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to switch from writing to pictures,  edit the pictures and include the images in your writing.  It would be a note-taking dream,  but I don't think any currently available package has that capability.  For the moment you can only use the features you've got - maybe if this suggestion gets lots of votes there will be more...!

I find this to be a basic necessity for a hand note app. Wacom Bambo does this well, but the program itself cannot compare to the ecology of penultimate / evernote. I use penultimate for exactly the same thing, photos from meeting sessions. I may just want a quick data plot from a white board and not the surrounding scribbles on the white board.

My suggestion: when a photo is currently placed, it has the four corner handles for resize, add another small icon that lets users change the resize handles to crop handles. Masking out crop feature would be nice, but may be over kill. I would appreciate a simple form of it. 

This is a must have feature! I'm surprised that you, @gazumped, are not more appreciative of @sydneyshan's input. If you are not a penultimate user, why not forward the request to someone who actually have experience with the product? The app is a great tool but if you try out the use case scenario described you'll see immediately that it's wrong not to be able to at least crop the image.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Jonas Moll said:

This is a must have feature! I'm surprised that you, @gazumped, are not more appreciative of @sydneyshan's input. If you are not a penultimate user, why not forward the request to someone who actually have experience with the product? The app is a great tool but if you try out the use case scenario described you'll see immediately that it's wrong not to be able to at least crop the image.

I'm not more appreciative because I'm not a Penultimate user (only Windows/ Android spoken here..) - though like most other folks on this forum I am a simple Evernote user,  not an employee.  I don't have anyone to forward the comment to...

Good luck with the feature suggestion though...

Agree wholeheartedly that this would improve the product by 20-30%. To be honest, it is enough of an issue for me that unless there is a clear path to a solution, I will start looking for another note-taking product. Happy to help with the beta-testing etc. Don't need any other image features (not trying to replicate Photoshop functionality in Penultimate), but a simple crop tool would make it much much better

Archived