(Archived) Keystroke for individual notes?

starobin

Idea

I can't believe after all this time this simple and very useful feature has not been added. Why can't I assign a keystroke to a particular note to open it when I'm in Evernote?

I have certain notes that I always need to jump to (internet passwords, software serial numbers, family social security numbers, etc.) Evernote is so perfect for storing all of this information. But it's so kludgy when it comes to quickly opening a commonly used note.

I've tried various workarounds with QuicKeys, but haven't found anything satisfactory: my Quickey has to select which notebook, and then which note - can't get it to work consistently with Evernote's main window.

Even if Evernote simply had a menu that showed all the notebooks and then their notes in sub-menus. I could then use QuicKeys to make a menu selection.

2 replies to this idea

I have certain notes that I always need to jump to (internet passwords, software serial numbers, family social security numbers, etc.) Evernote is so perfect for storing all of this information.

I hope you have those passwords & SSNs encrypted.

• Level 5*

Seems like a slightly strange requirement - but why not just set up a saved search for each of these things? Then you will never be more than one-click away from your info.

Archived