(Archived) Suggestions for UI improvement

In the Windows client, it would provide a nice visual cue if the buttons in the toolbar ("New Note", "Synchronize", "All Notes", "Email", "Print", "Tag", "Delete", "Note List", etc) would highlight when the user hovers over them.

As you can see in the attached screenshot (not EverNote, obviously), highlighting (such as the top-right icon) makes it easy for the user to know where they are in the program.

post-6645-131906061974_thumb.jpg

In EN2 and EN3 it is (for me) hard to tell weather I´m looking at the list of ALL Notes or just a selected subset.

Maybe it is just for me as a beginner a bit confusing.

When I do an empty click in the categories then I´m not sure if that would display all notes, esp. when I just did a search.

The main view looks always the same, filtered or not.

It would be great if there was a clear, easy to see indikator for "this is the whole list"/"this is just part of the whole".

I find it really helps to looks at the status bar in the bottom left of the screen. If you see 1000 out of 1000 notes, then you know you're looking at all of them. 10 out of 1000, then you've just got a small subset. Just a little visual help.

I find it really helps to looks at the status bar in the bottom left of the screen. If you see 1000 out of 1000 notes, then you know you're looking at all of them. 10 out of 1000, then you've just got a small subset. Just a little visual help.

+1

Yes, of course, that´s at least a "little" help.

Maybe it is just a beginners problem and I need to find my workflow.

In EN2 and EN3 it is (for me) hard to tell weather I´m looking at the list of ALL Notes or just a selected subset.

We are expecting big UI changes in that. We will have the clear visual indication on what are you looking at.

For now, to ensure you are looking all notes, just click 'All notes' on the toolbar or the 'All Notebooks' item in the side pane.

Archived