Still cannot use the new interface

dwlloyd

Idea

I need to make a payment on a new account. Generally the quickest way to find account information generally is to look at my scanned receipts. Since I was already in my browser (and I plan to move to Linux where Internet Web is my only current option) I decided to give the new interface another try. In the brief period of time I tried the new interface, these were the issues I encountered. I love your product. I couldn't function without it. I hope these comments are seen as helpful.

1. No dates are displayed (pretty much the most common and most important field I ever look at is the date. That field informs me of the pertinence of the record regardless of the kind of search I'm doing.
  2. Less information generally displayed. It is much more difficult to find a record if I can't see all tags, folder information, titles, attachment types, and most of all, dates (both created and modified)
  3. Slow and unresponsive to searches. While I realize that a slow response is not always under your control, failing to provide some kind of response to a user action can be confusing, and can cause the user to interrupt progress on a search. Just changing the background color of the text, while searching would be very helpful.
  4. Not as intuitive to use. I know how to use the Desktop interface. I expect to see the same options in approximately the same areas on the screen. Have you considered designing your web interface using swappable style sheets, so that one basic design can be viewed multiple ways?
  5. I have not tried using the new interface to create new records. That may be the area where your new product shines. If so, I'm not likely to notice as long as my main need relates to finding records quickly. My usual pattern is to drop records into Evernote from other sources, and then add tags, and adjust formatting so the records look OK in Evernote. 

1 reply to this idea

Archived