Request: Bring back full display of the note titles / wrap text into multiple rows

Since the latest version of Evernote for Windows, the note title is not fully displayed, which is very frustrating. Even if you double click and open the note and maximize the window, or if you click the title and start editing, only the remaining characters are visable (in one row). Please fix this, note titles are important! Simple text wrap would be a great solution, as it works in Android version.

• Level 5

By "latest version," do you mean a beta? I'm using the latest public version, and I find that if I maximize a note window, I can get about 165 characters visible in the title (including spaces). Obviously, that's going to vary with screen size and other display factors. But it seems like enough for a title (as opposed to a summary). But I can see that wrapping the title could be very convenient if it's running long; and of course tastes in titles, and uses for them, are highly individual.

I am using the latest public version 6.1.2.2292, but I'm not sure if this change has already been made in one of the previous versions.

Of course, people are using titles differently and anyone who prefers short titles is free to use short titles, they will fit one row anyway. I prefer full titles and already have a hundreds of notes where full article titles and references are put in the note titles (this routine was based on previous versions with full title preview and I find it is pretty useful, because if something is logically part of the title, why cutting it from the title and putting in the note text?)

The main question is what is the sense of limiting title view to one row in Windows version, when multi-row preview works great on Android? Maybe there are some advantages in snippet view, but situation is the same in full preview when you open the note. 

If some users prefer to have one-row title preview, that should be an option, but not the only choice.

• Level 5

Well, I think you have a good point. Title wrapping is necessary in Android, obviously, given the small screens. But implementing (or restoring) it in Windows would obviously be no harm to those of us who use short titles, and would help those who prefer longer ones. Actually, I can understand why someone would want to put complete citation information in the title of a note. One of the beauties of Evernote is the amazing number of differing uses to which its users put it, and this seems like an easy way to accommodate some users without inconveniencing others.

Archived