PDF Search... how to move down page of results?

maxiedaniels

I'm trying to use the PDF search feature on a 40 page document, and while results are highlighting fine, I can't find a button or hotkey to move to the next match on the pdf.... which means I literally have to scroll through 40 pages of pdf and *hope* that I don't miss the yellow outlines.

I just paid for a year subscription... surely I'm just missing something?

How long ago did you upload the document? If it was within a couple hours, you may need to give the OCR more time to complete going over the full document. I've always given large documents about 24 hours to complete the OCR process and have had good success with that as a rule of thumb. 

How long ago did you upload the document? If it was within a couple hours, you may need to give the OCR more time to complete going over the full document. I've always given large documents about 24 hours to complete the OCR process and have had good success with that as a rule of thumb. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, maxiedaniels said:

I'm trying to use the PDF search feature on a 40 page document, and while results are highlighting fine, I can't find a button or hotkey to move to the next match on the pdf.... which means I literally have to scroll through 40 pages of pdf and *hope* that I don't miss the yellow outlines.

I just paid for a year subscription... surely I'm just missing something?

You need to open the document in a PDF viewer and Ctrl-F from there if you want to be sure to see the text on subsequent pages.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:28 PM, csihilling said:

You need to open the document in a PDF viewer and Ctrl-F from there if you want to be sure to see the text on subsequent pages.

Sorry, I wasn't clear there - when I say PDF search, I mean a PDF of a scanned document, which means Evernote's OCR.

• Level 5*

Yes, I understood that.  It doesn't matter whose OCR when finding the text (unless you have one that works better than another).  I use a ScanSnap scanner and the OCR works well as far as I can tell.

The function that EN provides when using the in app reader is to highlight the text on each page.  If you want to be sure and not miss any occurrences of the text, you can open the PDF in a reader and then use the Ctrl-F or equivalent find function and go through the document one instance at a time.

2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Yes, I understood that.  It doesn't matter whose OCR when finding the text (unless you have one that works better than another).  I use a ScanSnap scanner and the OCR works well as far as I can tell.

The function that EN provides when using the in app reader is to highlight the text on each page.  If you want to be sure and not miss any occurrences of the text, you can open the PDF in a reader and then use the Ctrl-F or equivalent find function and go through the document one instance at a time.

Sorry, I'm not understanding. Are you saying I can export the PDF with the OCR's results? My PDF is a scanned document. I just saved the [searchable] document from Evernote and it's not searchable outside of Evernote. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there an application you can recommend to get this functionality?

Archived