Backup Evernote client for Evernote Web in Linux

Danimz

Hello,

I know there is no Evernote client for Linux. For the moment I am ok using Evernote Web. But I would like to know if there is a way to backup the notes and store them locally as text files.  I am on Debian (Jessie). I found GeekNote but I am not sure they provide that feature.

Thanks

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Danimz said:

I know there is no Evernote client for Linux. For the moment I am ok using Evernote Web. But I would like to know if there is a way to backup the notes and store them locally as text files.  I am on Debian (Jessie). I found GeekNote but I am not sure they provide that feature.

The desktop platforms have an export option.
For the other platforms, I think the only option is to use a third-party product.
I know cloudHQ has an Evernote interface to convert notes to files in Dropbox.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Silas - how were you running Evernote 6? Was it on Wine? Did it work well enough? If so, could you share the details?

I've been using Evernote 5.8.3 running on Wine 1.8 (replicating Windows XP) on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. This used to work well for backups, mass-maintenance tasks, off-line work and some text-formatting that the web interface doesn't do. For most of the other work I'm happy using the web interface. This setup was discovered through trial and error but has now become highly unstable. Three out of 5 times the application will crash on startup. I'd love to have a more stable way of doing these tasks that the web interface doesn't allow.

Archived