' char replacement

Hi. 

I use evernote for a variety of things, including organising my todo lists. As a software programmer, sometimes I store some small snippets of code there. 

When write or copy something in sometimes the char ' is replaced by  or   (curved ones).  

Can this  be avoided ? 

One other issue, not sure if related, is : sometimes when I do undo on large blocks, the scroll goes to top and do not stays on position. 

Thanks. 

• BSR locked this topic
  • BSR unlocked this topic

Hi there @behem0t, welcome to the Forums!

The automatic formatting of the quotation marks appears to be the expected behavior of the application. There is not a way to turn off the automatic formatting for those particular characters.

With respect to the issue with code blocks, do you have the Enable Code Block option enabled in the Evernote application's Preferences (Open Evernote > Select Evernote > Preferences > Software Update? 

Also, does this issue occur every time you select "undo" in a code block?

I look forward to your response.

@BSR thanks. 

I turned on the code block option as you mentioned.

If I do a simple test like 'quotation marks', evernote converts the chars even inside a code block. Is any other option I can explore? 

The undo issue is more difficult to replicate. I think it happens sometimes when I moving large chunks of a note, involving todos or free text. 

Hi @behem0t,

Thanks for your reply.

How are you moving the note chunks? Are you copying and pasting from one note into the other? 

Also, roughly how many lines are the chunks of content usually when you notice this issue occurring? 

I look forward to your response.

Archived