Hi

I just started to use nested tags, and to ensure my root tag appeared first in the tag list I prefixed them with an asterisk e.g. *home. Now I see in the left panel *home still appears as'h' in alphabetic order - whereas if I expand all tags by double clicking Tags so they also appear in the main window the *home tag appears as I wanted - at the top of the list.

This is in the Windows app by the way, the Web based version works as expected.

Is this a known error or intentional ?

Thanks

Gavin

EN_tag.jpg

Well it seems things must have caught up ! I have just gone back into the app and the *home in the left hand frame is now at the top of the tags as it should be !

Not sure how that happened but glad it did.

Gavin

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, gavinpm said:

Well it seems things must have caught up ! I have just gone back into the app and the *home in the left hand frame is now at the top of the tags as it should be !

Not sure how that happened but glad it did.

Gavin

Evernote will not rearrange the order after you have just renamed a tag in its current location. If you want to the tag in the right alphabetical order, you either have to move the tag and then move it back, or exit Evernote and restart it.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, gavinpm said:

I just started to use nested tags, and to ensure my root tag appeared first in the tag list I prefixed them with an asterisk e.g. *home.

That could lead to search issues since the asterisk is used by the Evernote Search engine as a wild card at the end of a string of characters.

I'd suggest that you choose something else, like a period or exclamation point (I've used both for years without any issues)

Thanks for your responses gents.

Gustavgi - it was strange the fact that on the left side of the screen the order hadn't changed and on the right [expanded] window it had. But as I say it all looks OK now.

JMichaelTX - thanks for the heads up on that one

Archived