Clipped PDF doc took long time to appear in my EN

mkraft77

While viewing a PDF doc I clicked on the option to 'save PDF to Evernote' (via the Web Clipper).

A successful save was reported but there was no sign of the PDF in my EN notes. 

I only just noticed it had finally 'arrived' as I was about to post here about it.

Haven't used the Clipper much.  Is it normal for it to take a while to appear as an EN note

Thanks.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, mkraft77 said:

While viewing a PDF doc I clicked on the option to 'save PDF to Evernote' (via the Web Clipper).

A successful save was reported but there was no sign of the PDF in my EN notes. 

I only just noticed it had finally 'arrived' as I was about to post here about it.

Haven't used the Clipper much.  Is it normal for it to take a while to appear as an EN note

The PDFs are saved to the Evernote web servers.  I find this is very quick.

As to when it gets syncd to your devices, that would depend on your settings.  My Mac is every 5 minutes, but I can force a sync

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

The PDFs was saved to the Evernote web servers.  I find this is very quick.

As to when it gets syncd to your devices, that would depend on your settings.  My Mac is every 5 minutes, but I can force a sync

Thanks.  Does the Web Clipper use different 'sync' settings than those for the desktop app?

If I understand you, saving via the Web Clipper works in kind of the opposite way of saving a note in EN (desktop).

When I save in the desktop app the save is instantaneous.  I don't know the status on the web servers since I don't use them, but I guess that could take a while (without my being aware of it unless I specifically tried to access the saved note via the web).

Archived