I can't update Evernote on Windows 7

My apologies in advance if I am duplicating a topic. Just send me there because I can't find it.

I have been trying for weeks to update Evernote 6.06 1769. I get the following message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package".

If I try to uninstall Evernote to do a clean install, I get the error,

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error.installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2203."

I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad T520 with 16 Gig memory and a 250Gig mSATA SSD. Although I just switched drives, the problem also arose on the previous 120 Gig SATA SSD.and also predates an upgrade from 4 gig of memory.

It had been suggested I directly access and run the .msi file in the Temp/evernote/evernote folder, but this yielded the same result.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Occasionally you may find that the update process,  although unsuccessful,  either deleted something important or has left some files behind that block any further attempts.  In that event it can be necessary to find the installer for the previous version and reinstall that before trying to install / update.

In extreme cases it may be necessary to totally remove all traces of Evernote to attempt a 'clean' reinstall - Revo Uninstaller should remove everything in that situation. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Archived