What's with my gmail & evernote

Just installed Evernote and added the Google Chrome add-in. Now when I go to my gmail account, I have a bunch of rectangular boxes that says 'REMEMBER' with the Evernote elephant head in it. What are these used for and how do I get rid of them? They seem to be growing. 

Thanks.

@GSS Hi there! I haven't been able to reproduce this with my Chrome Web Clipper add-in. I recommend reinstalling the Web Clipper to see if that resolves the issue.

To reinstall the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome, follow these steps:

1. Open Chrome and click the customize icon (three horizontal bars) in the toolbar

2. Select More tools > Extensions from the menu

3. Click the trash can button next to Evernote Web Clipper

4. Quit and reopen Chrome

5. Download and install the Evernote Web Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper

Give that a try and let me know if that fixes it.

• 8 months later...

I'm having this same issue in Firefox. Sometimes the buttons just hover over images and go away when I move my cursor away. I suspect that's the intended behavior. But other times, they seem to attach to a page, sometimes blocking text (and if I scroll, they move with the text and keep blocking it). Refreshing the page fixes it, but the issue seems to keep coming back. Generally, it's okay on one email, and then on the next it gets stuck.

Uninstalling the add-on and reinstalling it does not fix the problem.

Archived