(Archived) Seeing two notebooks together

• Level 5*

Unfortunately, this also applies to Search, where you can specify at most one notebook using the 'notebook:' scope modifier. This applies to the Windows 3.5 client -- you didn't specify which client you're using, so if you're using a different one, the answer may be different.

~Jeff

Ok. Is there a way to create a search that will give me results for a particular tag from a subset of notebooks and not all books.

Here is the context why I need it:

I have say 3 notebooks with some tasks and tags:

Project1:

Note1 #Home #Email #Waiting

Note2 #Work #Email

Project2:

Note3 #Work #Phone

Note4 #Home #Email

Reference:

Note5 #Home #Web

Note6 #Work #Email

Now I want to find all notes in Project1 and Project2 that are #Home (Should give me Note1 and Note 4) . Is there a way to do it.

I am using 3.5 windows client but I also have iPhone app and I can use WEb interface also as long as this is possible.

Thanks

Pankaj

I don't use EN as a to do list. IMO, it's great for storing info but not really designed to be a to do list. Having said that, with your example, you would need to have the notebooks be home, email, work, reference and assign Project1 tag to all notes for Project1, assign Project2 tag to all notes for Project2, etc. You can then filter on the notebook HOME & look for tags Project1 or Project2, which would give you notes 1 & 4 but not note 5.

If you're following David Allen's GTD philosophy, you should search the forum for GTD. There are a couple of people who have perfected the system for use with EN.

• Level 5*
Ok. Is there a way to create a search that will give me results for a particular tag from a subset of notebooks and not all books.
Unfortunately, this also applies to Search, where you can specify at most one notebook using the 'notebook:' scope modifier.

Unless your subsets have a maximum cardinality of 1, then as far as I can tell, the answer's 'No'. You can read about the search syntax in the help documentation.

~Jeff

Archived