Export to Google Drive/Gmail

Jonathan Wheeler

Idea

Getting a Scannable document into an ongoing email chain in Gmail is tedious. Can we streamline this, perhaps by adding an "Export to Google Drive" feature to Scannable?

The current process looks like this:

1. Scan with Scannable. (iPhone)
  2. Save to Evernote.
  3. Open Evernote.
  4. Find/open the same scanned document.
  5. Click "Open in...", scroll, select Google Drive. (Why isn't this feature in Scannable, or really, why isn't Scannable rolled into the Evernote app?)
  6. Go to Gmail. Attach the scan to ongoing email chain.

2 replies to this idea

On 4/16/2016 at 3:16 PM, Jonathan Wheeler said:

(Why isn't this feature in Scannable, or really, why isn't Scannable rolled into the Evernote app?)

I don't know, but if I had to guess, it's probably to split off the necessary resources and keep the regular Evernote binary smaller?

On 4/16/2016 at 9:16 AM, Jonathan Wheeler said:

Getting a Scannable document into an ongoing email chain in Gmail is tedious. Can we streamline this, perhaps by adding an "Export to Google Drive" feature to Scannable?

The current process looks like this:

1. Scan with Scannable. (iPhone)
  2. Save to Evernote.
  3. Open Evernote.
  4. Find/open the same scanned document.
  5. Click "Open in...", scroll, select Google Drive. (Why isn't this feature in Scannable, or really, why isn't Scannable rolled into the Evernote app?)
  6. Go to Gmail. Attach the scan to ongoing email chain.

I see this was posted in April of 2016 - but you can streamline your process a little bit...

1. Scan with Scannable. (Name Document)
  2. Select SEND
  3. Select SHARE
  4. Select GOOGLE DRIVE (and navigate to your preferred Google Drive Account, Folder & Sharing Option)
  5. Select UPLOAD in the upper right corner of the window to UPLOAD your file

Archived