How to revert to Evernote confirming if I really want to delete a tag?

Hello,

When deleting a tag, there is a dialog that comes up that says something along the lines of "are you sure you want to delete this tag?". There is also a checkbox in that dialog that stops the dialog from ever coming up again. I accidentally chose this option so the confirmation doesn't come up when I'm deleting a tag. I'd like to get this dialogue back.

I searched under tools>options and could not find any options for this. Can anyone help?

I'm using the latest EN for windows: 5.9.9.9915 (277915)

So in doing some extra digging, I have almost figured this out - but am missing one piece of information.

I found this conversation, the answer lies in changing a registry value:

In Windows registry

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote\AutoResponse", the value ConfirmDeleteTag in my current setup =DeleteTag

This conversation does not say what the value needs to be so that I am again prompted if I am sure if I want to delete the tag. All my guesses have been wrong and lead to me not being able to delete the tag at all.

Could someone that did not disable the "ask before I delete the tag" dialog please check the value you have for this variable? I think this should fix it.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived