When copy/paste add url

Hi,

The same like in OneNote, I would like to copy a sentence from the internet and paste it using crtl+C and shift+crtl+V and have the URL below the sentence or better under sentence AUTOMATICALLY (=no more manual steps) ... i.e. clicking on the sentence leads me to the website.

Thanks for your help!

• Level 5*

You can always use the web clipper to create a bookmark note and paste the sentence in that note,  replacing some/ all of the other content,  then merge the notes together to get one document.  Not as neat as what you're suggesting,  but it depends on your needs.  You could also use a text expander like Phrase Express - which can also run keyboard macros - to run through copying selected text to an open note and adding the URL as a link from the text.

In a long business career I've never had a need for this feature,  so I wouldn't see it being too high on Evernote's priority radar.  What's the activity for which you're collecting this text?

• Level 5*
On 3/3/2016 at 4:00 AM, 09876nj said:

I would like to copy a sentence from the internet and paste it using crtl+C and shift+crtl+V and have the URL below the sentence or better under sentence AUTOMATICALLY

I understand your use case.  Many people who are doing research need to capture the source of the quote.

You don't say what platform you use, but if it a Mac, then this could easily be done using AppleScript and/or Keyboard Maestro macro.  Chances are it could also be done using AutoHotKey on the PC.

Archived