Evernote for Mac 6.5 Release Candidate

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Today we're releasing Evernote for Mac 6.5 Release Candidate/Beta 3.  There's nothing new specifically in this release but just more good stability fixes and some clean up work around Zoom and Code Bloc - menu items and toolbar button disappear when the features are turned off.  You can download it from here or just wait for the upgrade notice.

Please reply with any issues you find with Beta 3 in this post.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2/10/2016 at 8:15 PM, SoftwareMarcus said:

We currently only support actual hyperlinks but that seems to be a very reasonable feature request.

Please provide support for hyperlinks for any protocol that is supported by the Mac OS X system.

It is now becoming very common for any Mac app that has data associated with it to provide for a custom URL protocol to access data in that app.  I have a general "Open URL" service on my Mac that will open any of them, so I suspect the only real issue with Evernote is in the data entry validation of the "Insert Link" function.  Hopefully this means it should be a easy fix/change.

In some cases, the custom URL can also execute functions, like edit a macro.  In Keyboard Maestro for example, this URL will open a KM macro for editing:  keyboardmaestro://m=MacroNameHere

Archived