(Archived) Web Clipping

Hi,

New to EN and forum. After researching and comparing EN to Together, Yojimbo, etc. I've decided I like the simplicity and ease of EN. (Must admit, I couldn't see any differences between Together and Yojimbo. Seemed like clones to me). Anyway, the one thing I can't understand is it seems that I can either clip a web page to EN as a pdf or get an unformatted view which is editable. They both have advantages and disadvantages but both Together and Yojimbo can clip a formatted page to their database. Although it is not editable, it appears like the browser page and the links are live. If you store a web page as a pdf in EN, the links don't work and I hate the "unformatted" but editable view of EN (some pages are much longer than their web view counterparts). Am I missing something? Also, is there an easy way to clip just a URL to EN?

Hi,

New to EN and forum. After researching and comparing EN to Together, Yojimbo, etc. I've decided I like the simplicity and ease of EN. (Must admit, I couldn't see any differences between Together and Yojimbo. Seemed like clones to me). Anyway, the one thing I can't understand is it seems that I can either clip a web page to EN as a pdf or get an unformatted view which is editable. They both have advantages and disadvantages but both Together and Yojimbo can clip a formatted page to their database. Although it is not editable, it appears like the browser page and the links are live. If you store a web page as a pdf in EN, the links don't work and I hate the "unformatted" but editable view of EN (some pages are much longer than their web view counterparts). Am I missing something? Also, is there an easy way to clip just a URL to EN?

not sure, if i can help, but you might take a look at this:

regarding the "unformatted" note, i suggested (anywhere, dunno where&when) to also put a screenshot of the webpage to the note, so that the user has at least a "picture" of how the originate webpage looked like.

i too sense, that the "unformatted" clipping is kinda useless. especially, when the sourcepage contains a lot text which is formatted with css. it makes notes much illegible. and finding information inside is kinda pain (for me).

so, the only way i found out, is to fiddle with the clipped note to come to an nearly readable solution (good info-source *and* good looking for fast finding text). this, sadly, takes some time. (on the other hand, you delete all the useless information and only keep the "worth" information.)

but u can, of course, print all your webpages to a pdf-printer :-) and still be able to copy text from it, because EN has amazing abilities with PDF, but for me, this solution is not applicable because it takes too much (upload/harddrive)space, and -of course- it s*cks ;-)

cheers,

Archived