Sharing Local Database - How?

Hi all -

New year, new computer, new scanner...trying to get organized.

I want to be able to share my Evernote account, notebooks, database, local repository, everything, with another user on the same computer.  My wife signs into the computer with a different profile, but we use the same Evernote environment.  Since my profile already has a local database, local repository, etc. how can I configure EN in my wife's profile to use that?

Windows 10 if it matters.  We are both local admins, so there shouldn't be a problem accessing my profile folder from her profile, but when I try to browse to that within EN I can't get there.

Thanks!

DB

Update:  I fixed the browsing/permission issue.  The problem now is that when signed into her profile, and when we try to change "Evernote Local Files" setting it gives a warning about overwriting data and losing notes.  Not sure if that means losing notes in my EN database/respository/profile or hers. 

To be clear, we are both signed into the same EN account and she can see all of my notes.  I'm just trying to avoid duplication of the local database and files between the 2 profiles.

Thanks!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, dadoph said:

The problem now is that when signed into her profile, and when we try to change "Evernote Local Files" setting it gives a warning about overwriting data and losing notes.  Not sure if that means losing notes in my EN database/respository/profile or hers. 

That option is not available on the Mac.

Given what you're doing, you're going from two repositories to one, one set has to be lost.
I'm not seeing this as a problem if they both contain the same set of data.  Make sure you've run a sync.

Not using a Mac.  Windows 10. 

You are right about the same repository & set of data.  Hadn't thought of it that way.  Yes, both users are looking at the same EN account and see the same notebooks, etc. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, dadoph said:

Since my profile already has a local database, local repository, etc. how can I configure EN in my wife's profile to use that?

I don't see how this can work.  EN Win stores ALL notes, sync'd and local notebooks, in the same SQLite database.

Even you are able the hack the Evernote system, corruption of the database is a reasonable, if not probable, likelihood, IMO.  You would be putting all of your notes at risk.

Local Notebooks are designed to be just that, local to one machine and one specific user, for security purposes.  The only way I see for both of you to have access to the same Local Notebooks is if both of you login to the same Windows user account.  This is not very convenient, but you could do this:  Create a 3rd Evernote account, and a separate Windows user account, and just store the Local NBs there.  Sort of a "yours", "mine", and "ours" approach.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived