Plain/rich text reading view?

I'm trying to read a long note that I saved in rich text, but the text always wraps to the edge of the window. I prefer to have my windows full screen when reading long blocks of text, otherwise the things around the window distract me. The idea of a "readability" format, where the text area is limited to pretty deep margins on the left and the right, is pretty common at this point, isn't it? Anyway, is there any way I can get this to work properly? I don't see how anyone could use Evernote in fullscreen mode when there are huge blocks of text extending to the far left and right edges of the monitor.

Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 1/28/2016 at 11:48 PM, twoantlers said:

I don't see how anyone could use Evernote in fullscreen mode when there are huge blocks of text extending to the far left and right edges of the monitor.

Patient:  "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor:  "Then don't do it".  :D

Sorry, but that old joke came to mind when I read your post.  ;)

Why not just open the Note in its own window, and set the width you prefer?

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Can you use the Presentation view?  What's your device and EN version?

I'm afraid not, I don't have Premium. Sorry, should have put my specs first thing -- Macbook Pro, Evernote 6.4

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Patient:  "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor:  "Then don't do it".  :D

Sorry, but that old joke came to mind when I read your post.  ;)

Why not just open the Note in its own window, and set the width you prefer?

Hehe yup, I figured this would be the response. But that's why I said, it's because I simply can't concentrate on what I'm reading when the window is surrounded by anything. Perhaps it's a bit exacting, but that includes hiding all of my other windows and having my desktop behind it. Like plenty of other modern writing/reading software support, I'm looking for a distraction-less way to view the content on my screen -- and just that content.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, twoantlers said:

should have put my specs first thing -- Macbook Pro, Evernote 6.4

I'm looking for a distraction-less way to view the content on my screen -- and just that content.

Now that I see you use a Mac, I do have one idea that might help:

• Do you have, or know of, another app that will display the text in the manner you'd like to see it?
  • If so, then you might be able to use AppleScript, with a shortcut, to open the Note in that app.

For example:  TextEdit, which has a "wrap to page" function.

May not be ideal, but perhaps better than what you have now, and, who knows when/IF Evernote will ever provide the feature you want.

Archived