Notebook list suddenly missing

Suddenly I can't see the Notebook and tag list in the left panel as I usually do. The left panel is now blank.  I tried closing and reopening Evernote.  I've never had this problem before.

In the View menu, Show left panel is checked. But when I click on Show Notebooks or Show tags, nothing happens, the panel remains blank.  I'm confounded!

• Level 5*

Did you try exiting EN using File - Exit and then restarting?  You could try toggling the left panel off/on using F10 (if Windows).  Are the Note List and Note windows okay?

Thank you for responding.

Problem solved by your suggestion, terrific!, thank you!  It's odd though.  I did try closing Evernote before posting this and re-opening it and that didn't solve the problem, but when I just tried it again, it worked. So that begs the question: Is there a difference between simply using the close window icon (in the upper right corner of the window) which I did before (that didn't work) vs using the File > Exit menu item as I just did (that did work)?  I was under the impression those two ways of closing a program were the exact same; am I wrong?

FYI:  Toggling F10 on and off didn't fix the problem. 

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  Yes there is a difference.  File - Exit completely shuts down EN, x'ing out doesn't. 

Yeah, sorry about the F10, sometimes you just offer up stuff hoping something will work.  ;)

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem, but only in Chrome. I can see my Notebooks in Firefox. I deleted History in Chrome - everything from the beginning of time. I logged in again. Same thing. The contact page isn't working either - just keeps asking me to sign in even though I'm already signed in. I've messaged Evernote on FB and Twitter. No reply. I have the Basic version and tried to upgrade to the paid version so I could get support. The upgrade button isn't working either. REALLY FRUSTRATED.

Archived