Evernote 6.3 / 6.4 Presentation Mode Stuttering - high CPU usage

I have a major problem with the Presentation Mode on the latest Evernote for Mac version.

Scrolling within the presentation is "jumpy", the pointer is stuttering when trying to move the pointer across the screen and the CPU usage is very high (the Macbook fan is going crazy..).
The high CPU usage immediately goes down after exiting the Presentation Mode.

I'm running OS X 10.11.2 with Evernote 6.3 on a Macbook Pro 13".

The note contains mostly images, a PDF and a little text and is 11.8MB large.

Does someone else experience something similar?

I tried the obvious things (restarting Evernote and Mac), but nothing seems to resolve this issue

Edit:: updating evernote to 6.4 does not solve the issue.

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately the latest Update doesn't solve the Problem.

But I found out, the issue does not appear if i use the presentation mode when the Macbook is connected to an external Monitor (1920x1080) ( with the macbook lid closed).

Maybe that helps in narrowing down the problem.... (maybe something Retina-resolution related..?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 6:37 AM, arturio said:

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately the latest Update doesn't solve the Problem.

But I found out, the issue does not appear if i use the presentation mode when the Macbook is connected to an external Monitor (1920x1080) ( with the macbook lid closed).

Maybe that helps in narrowing down the problem.... (maybe something Retina-resolution related..?)

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro that's Running macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.3)  and Evernote 6.10 (454267 Direct).   When I run the presentation mode with my MacBook lid open or closed on my external display - connected via Thunderbolt.  I don't see high CPU spike or performance issues, but, my MacBook's fans kick on and the machine gets warm. The fans make it really annoying during presentations.   

• 5 months later...

I also have this issue when using Presentation mode of evernote. The fan comes on very quickly and my laptop gets very hot. On hot days this is especially an issue and it drains the battery really quickly if not plugged into power. I use a late 2013 MBP running El Capitan 10.11.6 and latest version of evernote. Is there any fix or way around this, it obviously is massively taxing the computer in some way? Thank you

• Level 5*
On 04/07/2017 at 9:59 AM, Nick Osborne said:

I also have this issue when using Presentation mode of evernote. The fan comes on very quickly and my laptop gets very hot. On hot days this is especially an issue and it drains the battery really quickly if not plugged into power. I use a late 2013 MBP running El Capitan 10.11.6 and latest version of evernote. Is there any fix or way around this, it obviously is massively taxing the computer in some way? Thank you

Hi.  Not something I've seen comment about in the Forums - you could reach out to Evernote Support via https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer or tweet them at https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.

• 3 months later...

Archived