Evernote creating note with two copies of the same thing in it

12/14/15 Edit to add:  This was resolved by the most recent update.

I use evernote to save copies of emails from Outlook 2010 so I can tag them and find the information quickly. I recently noticed that it's started saving two copies of the email, including two copies of any attachment, in the note which makes each note twice as large and eats my storage allotment.

If I scroll down in the preview when first creating the note the repeated text shows up with a check box. If I uncheck the box it will save as normal without the duplicate but I can't figure out how to keep it from trying to do it to start with.

For example the saved note will look like this (including the dividing line):

[Email Title]

[Email Headers]

[Text of the Email]

[Email Title]

[Email Headers]

[Text of the Email]

[Attachment] [Copy of attachment]

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's certainly not normal behaviour.  I'd suggest you sync your database fully,  exit Evernote and copy the Databases folder to your desktop.  Then close Outlook down and uninstall Evernote.  Restart your device,  and reinstall Evernote As Administrator.  If that doesn't cure the problem I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Archived