Webclipper

wpride33

Hi,

Trying to help a colleague get the web clipper to function properly with her gmail account (work email through Google apps). I've searched around and haven't found any solutions that have worked. This is a shared notebook that I started (premium account) that she has edit permissions on (free account)

When she clicks on the web clipper with the email option checked within gmail, it loads but all that comes up is a white screen with a spinning circle. No content loads. She is able to save the email as a screenshot with the web clipper, however. The web clipper does appear to work fine on other websites, though. We seem to have narrowed down to the clipper not wanting to work with this particular gmail account as a personal account works fine. She is running Yosemite with Chrome v. 46 something. Here's all of the troubleshooting we've tried:

1) Restarting the computer, did not fix the issue

2) Signing out of web clipper and signing back in, did not fix the issue

3) Disabling chrome extension and re-enabling, did not fix the issue

4) Deleting chrome extension and re-installing, did not fix the issue

5) Clearing all browser cache and restarting browser, did not fix the issue

6) I signed in on my work email google apps account (same domain), I was able to successfully clip as an email

7) She signed in on her personal gmail account, she was able to successfully clip as an email

So, unless I'm missing something, it seems tied to an issue with this particular work email address. Any ideas on what's going on or other things to try?

Hello wpride33,

Thank you for posting. I would like us to try opening up the Gmail account in Safari or another browser to see if she is able to clip the page using the Evernote Web Clipper for Safari (www.evernote.com/webclipper). This will help narrow this down for us a bit.

Hello wpride33,

Thank you for posting. I would like us to try opening up the Gmail account in Safari or another browser to see if she is able to clip the page using the Evernote Web Clipper for Safari (www.evernote.com/webclipper). This will help narrow this down for us a bit.

Installed webclipper in Safari and got the same problem of blank white page with a spinning circle after clicking on the webclipper.

• 2 months later...

Archived