Feature request: Built-in browser block

jamesratnarajah

Idea

Hello there.

Due to personal reasons I have blocked access to Safari through restrictions on my iPhone. For a while Evernote didn't allow opening links within the app because of this restriction. However, I have noticed that Evernote now opens links using its own webkit browser, within the app.

Please could you either:

- Make Evernote iOS open links using Safari (therefore if people have parental restrictions turned on this function would be disabled)

- Provide parental controls to disable things like in-built browser. I believe Skitch has such controls. 

I am very sad to say that I have had to remove Evernote from my iPhone as a result of this issue. This is a real shame as I love Evernote and use it a lot (am a premium user), but without such feature in place I can't use it and have cancelled my premium subscription.

James

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It's a shame to leave a useful app without investigating all possibilities - if you're still a premium user I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.  Click 'continue' on the support page after logging in to use the Chat feature (7am-7pm PST weekdays).  Support may be able to suggest ways to add levels of security.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Is it your use of Safari you're blocking,  or someone else's?  I'm not an iOS user so I don't know if this is a dumb question,  but can you not install another browser and set that as your default,  or uninstall Safari so,  say Firefox is the only one available?  And if you're concerned about someone else using the wrong links,  could you encrypt the text of the link so you need a password to see it?  Please ignore my comments if I'm totally wide of the mark - just trying to be helpful.

Archived