How to create a new line in a note

When typing in a note it doesn't create a new line, instead it just keeps creating one long line of text. How do i get it to automatically create a new line at the end of page rather than creating a long line I need to scroll right to see?

• Level 5*

When typing in a note it doesn't create a new line, instead it just keeps creating one long line of text. How do i get it to automatically create a new line at the end of page rather than creating a long line I need to scroll right to see?

By "new line", I assume you mean "word-wrap".  Obviously a new line can be created by pressing the RETURN key.

Does this happen in a new Note, or in an existing Note created from another source, like web clip, or copy/paste?

I have seen some Notes created from web clips that exhibit the behavior.

One solution is to apply "Simplify Formatting" (CMD-SHIFT-F) to the Note.  

By "new line", I assume you mean "word-wrap".  Obviously a new line can be created by pressing the RETURN key.

Does this happen in a new Note, or in an existing Note created from another source, like web clip, or copy/paste?

I have seen some Notes created from web clips that exhibit the behavior.

One solution is to apply "Simplify Formatting" (CMD-SHIFT-F) to the Note.  

Changing it to Simple Formatting fixed the problem! Thank you! I wanted it to automatically shift down so I didn't need to hit enter and simple formatting does that for me. Thank you for the tip. 

Archived