Links within Notes

Hello everyone - 

Im starting to use evernote for a big note taking project, including text and photos. 

I am finding that I am scrolling up and down a lot to find the headings within my outline to add my notes. 

Is there any way to have a hyperlinks that can jump to specific sections of the note? 

Thank you

• Level 5*

.. whenever I'm working on a long document I never get the headings in the right order.  Using Evernote it's possible to 'storm' ideas by starting a new temporary notebook and setting up a new note for each heading in your document.  Add any immediate thoughts you have,  but if they're all otherwise empty notes,  that's fine.  Title them 010 <subject>,  020 <subject> etc.

Now start filling in each note.  If you decide that one section looks as though it should be the first in your document,  change the title to 009 <subject> so that a sort by titles will put it to the top.  If you decide a sub-head needs to go after heading #3 (030 <title>),  make that one 035 <title> and so on.

Keep each note to one 'screenfull' - no scrolling required.  If 030 <title> goes on a bit,  start a continuation note in 031, 032 etc.

For some subjects you can also use dates as titles - YYYYMMDD <title>.

Using a combination of merging and ToC notes it's possible to print out a complete version if that is required. 

Once a ToC note is in place you can move all the notes to your default notebook and delete the temporary workspace.

Archived