Exclusively Offline Usage

Thanks for the quick reply.  That's very unfortunate   :(.  I need to store sensitive data and Evernote offers the best solution.  What I need it for is to take a picture or 3 (add comments) and give it a title.  I then want to be able to search the Title or the text in the comments later...say when I have several hundred files.  Do you know of any application that will allow me to do this using the iPhone (with back up to my computer only) with no online duplication of the data?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can't help with the app (if you don't want the data on the internet,  how does it get from the phone to your desktop?) but you might check out Saferoom - http://www.getsaferoom.com/ - which would encrypt information as it's entered into the phone and synced to Evernote.  You'd still need to use keywords / tags / smart titles though because the encrytped content would not be searchable.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the quick reply. That's very unfortunate :(. I need to store sensitive data and Evernote offers the best solution. What I need it for is to take a picture or 3 (add comments) and give it a title. I then want to be able to search the Title or the text in the comments later...say when I have several hundred files. Do you know of any application that will allow me to do this using the iPhone (with back up to my computer only) with no online duplication of the data?

Besides Saferoom (an excellent app for use in conjunction with Evernote), there are other apps that sync securely between iOS and OSX.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1605

In answer to Gaz's question, DEVONthink offers wi-fi (on your local network) and Bluetooth sync (very handy when traveling and away from wi-fi or a secure connection).

VoodooPad and DEVONthink offer syncing through Dropbox (encrypted databases), which is much more secure than Evernote (no encrypted databases), but it still means putting your data onto the cloud.

Wifi, Bluetooth, or cloud sync, neither app is as effortless with the syncing as Evernote, but they work well (I prefer DEVONthink to VoodooPad), especially if you like having control over exactly when and what you sync.

Archived