iOS puzzle?

Hi guys, I'm sure one of you will know this quick!

I've got up to date Evernote (free version) on my iPhone 6 and Ipad air 2.

I made a note on my ipad, it synced across on to my iPhone. All well so far. I went into my iPhone, selected all the text in the note, to share it into an email, the app kinda frozen. Only the keyboard was responding.

So I shut the app down, opened it again and the note has a title but the text inside looks like it's been deleted by me somehow.

Anyway, the note is still on my ipad (luckily not connected to wifi) but I can't access it offline because I don't have an upgraded version of Evernote.

Is there anyway I can get hold of the text and copy and paste it somewhere else. Made so much notes as well :(

Thank you!

I have a similar problem in iOS, but it seems to be low visibility.. my notes are not in sych with my desktop \ web, since you experienced the same thing.. the information I was given that the iOS app SHOULD sync, but what if it's not..

It hasn't been addressed yet, because this cannot be a coincidence.. it ether synchs ALL changes or it doesn't, things don't just disappear for no reason.

My problem is even worse now because I have 381 items in my notes, yet my desktop \ web shows 379.. this is getting frustrating, because I don't know what notes I am missing apparently iOS has 2 copies I deleted.. great...

• Level 5*

My problem is that I don't want it to sync to my ipad. I want the older version to be backed up so I don't lose my note

One option is to copy the contents of the Note in question, and paste it to a new Note, and/or another app, like Mail.

Then you can sync both your iPhone and iPad, and use the copied content to update.

Just to be clear for all:

EN-Sync-Diagram.gif

My problem is that I don't want it to sync to my ipad. I want the older version to be backed up so I don't lose my note

One option is to copy the contents of the Note in question, and paste it to a new Note, and/or another app, like Mail.

Then you can sync both your iPhone and iPad, and use the copied content to update.

Just to be clear for all:

EN-Sync-Diagram.gif

to clarify, i have deleted from my phone. it has synced to the cloud and thus gone, but it isn't gone from my iPad as my iPad is not connected to the internet yet. so how can i retrieve it from my iPad, without having to pay £35.00 to go premium (with the feature to retrieve previous versions)? Thank you

• Level 5*

to clarify, i have deleted from my phone. it has synced to the cloud and thus gone, but it isn't gone from my iPad as my iPad is not connected to the internet yet. so how can i retrieve it from my iPad, without having to pay £35.00 to go premium (with the feature to retrieve previous versions)? Thank you

You can do exactly as I stated above:  copy the contents of the Note you want to save somewhere else, like to an email to yourself, of to another Notes app, like the Apple Notes app.

Archived