accidentally disabled links to local files

Hi,

I clicked on a link in one of my notes to open a local file on my computer and accidentally clicked "cancel" instead of "ok" after checking the box "don't ask me this question again" (it asked if I was sure I wanted to open links to local files). Now when I click on a link in one of my notes, nothing happens.  I've looked all through the settings and searched in the online help forums and can't find anything about how to undo what I did. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christina

• Level 5*

Hi.  Did a quick test - I'm running the current Evernote beta and Windows 8.0 so YMMV but this is the warning message I got: 

post-63053-0-16286300-1444999195_thumb.j

-and hitting 'cancel' just stops the current operation.  Another click opens the same warning and then the file as requested.

I'd suggest File > Exiting Evernote and logging back in / restarting your computer to see if the function comes back - if that doesn't help,  please confirm your Evernote and Windows versions (Help > About in both cases) and check out the Help Center link in my signature below - contact Support if you don't find anything useful!

Archived