How to refresh notes in iPhone app?

Hi, 

I rely on Evernote to run my business. Very occasionally (and always infuriatingly), I'll try to open a note that I last edited on my computer on my iPhone and it will either display a blank note (as it did today) or an old version of the note. I'm careful to hit the "sync" button on my computer and make sure it finishes syncing before I shut my computer, so the note that I'm trying to pull up on my phone should be the same note that is in the cloud.

How do I force refresh of a note that isn't syncing properly on my phone? This issue drives me crazy. Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  To be sure there are no stray app errors I'd suggest you uninstall / restart and reinstall Evernote on your phone.  Beware that if you have any 'offline searchable' notes,  you'll have to allow time for them to be re-downloaded to the device.  The phone should download a current copy of any note you search for when you start the app - provided you have a network connection.  If you have the storage space and it's practical to do so,  you could try setting up a special notebook for the phone,  making that notebook 'offline searchable' and then adding any notes you change to that notebook.  After you make changes and sync,  start Evernote on your phone and allow it to download the complete content,  and -theoretically- they'll be there whether or not you have a network signal.

Archived